View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 11:20 AM   #624
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrizzo View Post
I confirm that a discharged battery prevents ATK from working reliably.
After wasting a few hours trying to reflash a K3 (usual symptoms: dead with the screen with the tree, orange light stays on forever, does not seem to recharge, etc.) I opened the back and tested the battery. Voltage which is down to 3.1-3.2v, charging does not seem to work, I am unsure why (bad battery or bad charging circuitry).

To proceed, I connected some AA batteries (2NiMh + 1 alkaline, giving around 3.9v) to the battery connector (see picture )

Now I can reliably write the filesystem into the flash is progressing. I have not completed yet (in 45 minutes have done about 2/3 of the progress bar) but previously it would fail with an error within a minute or less.
Totally awesome! I am very happy to know that you can run a K3 without an amazon-approved battery. I just upped your karma to all 2's (adding an extra digit).

And I added your success report to the first post. It just keeps growing.

Last edited by geekmaster; 10-07-2012 at 10:35 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote