View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 10:26 AM   #1
thorswitch
Clueless (but nice!) Newb
thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Trouble with Calibre finding eBookreader files

When I installed the eBookreader for Sony's CONNECT store, I had it install the program to D:\Program Files\Sony\Reader and used the same path as the storage area for my books.

When I installed Calibre, however (which is installed to D:\Program Files\Sony\Calibre) it isn't locating any of the books in the Sony directory or on drive D:\ at all. In addition, I can't seem to find the books by searching through Windows Explorer, either. I know that they're on my system because they're still listed in my eBookreader, but I don't know how to find them so that I can use Calibre.

I'm still using Windows XP, if that makes a difference.

Also, if I read correctly, Calibre can convert Mobipocket books to the Sony format, correct? Is there an additional module or file I need to download, or can it do that natively? If it's native, do I just click the "convert e-books" and it'll take it from there, or are there settings I'll need to set up?

Thanks again for taking time to help me with my newbie questions It's much appreciated!!
thorswitch is offline   Reply With Quote