View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #21
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
But my cybook still won't read these.
Amazon by doing that also prevents people owing a nook / sony / kobo to switi to amazon without loosing this books.
I wouldn't mind buying books from amazon, but hey, wrong format. They win money with kindle users unable to buy books elsewhere, but how many sales lost to non kindle owners ? How many kindle sales lost because the person owns a nook / kobo and can't switch ?
Ya makes yer choices, ya plays yer game.

Recent news is that B&N is still going down. I can't imagine Sony is doing much good with their store, I really don't know about Kobo. As I see it the only two players really are Apple and Amazon at this point (or very soon).

I personally prefer the epub format, and still use it, but after several years virtually all my purchases are from Amazon in kindle format (that I strip for future safety and conversion) but as it stands I could live with just amazon since I can also get my library books that way now.

I went into this with my eyes open, purchased a sony 505 and others as well as a K2 so I'd have all the bases covered but as things have settled down it has centered on the amazon format and readers. Now if we could just get rid of that damned DRM! Without DRM there are only minor conversion issues if any.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote