View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 08:33 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by stustaff View Post
I see this all the time but what exactly are apple controlling that hobbles their devices for 99.9% of people?

I have both Pc's and Macs and an iphone and especially on the iPhone I can open pretty much any file and do much more than pretty much ANY other phone out there?

an example or two would be good.
A very simple example - eBook readers on the iPhone are crippled by the fact that you can't simply copy files to the device. Not permitting remote access to the file system is an excellent example of Apple's "over controlling" approach. You have to jump through hoops of going through web servers, etc, merely to load content onto the device - a thing which should be the most straightforward thing in the world to do.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote