View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 05:00 PM   #5
Carpman
Connoisseur
Carpman began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro
Hi, I have an original Arc, I obtain books from various sources, even Amazon and convert them to epub using Calibre. I transfer the these books over to my Arc via Android File Transfer, just to set the scene.

You are correct, my experience is that titles other than those obtained from Kobo do not remain fully within the Kobo software on my Arc, given that these titles would not show in your Kobo account I would see this as being the probable answer. Well that is what I think.

The mere sync of my Arc to my Kobo account would seem to bear this out. I don't worry to much about this as I manage all my books on my iMac with Calibre, using my Arc for reading and surfing and not for library management.

Sounds a bit disjointed but "technology" is never perfect, blame the humans!

As for Kobo's solution, well the lack of understanding by the help desk staff is not surprising, it would seem a restart solves "all" problems! One does wonder though at the complete lack of product awareness by the help desk people, then reading solutions from a computer screen never really solved anything. This however is how many help desks operate these days and not just Kobo's.

Just my opinion of course.
Carpman is offline   Reply With Quote