View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 05:12 PM   #8
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
Not on a Mac. The method that is used to connect to Android tablets via USB (the MTP driver) only works on Windows Vista/7/8 and Linux, but not on MacOS.

I would think that your best option would be to consider using the Calibre Companion application and a wifi connection? However you may want to wait for Chaley to make a statement about whether that should work for the combination of the Kindle Fire HD and Mac OS before you try that route.
Thanks for responding. The Calibre Companion says not for Kindle Fire HD on Amazon.

Will the paperwhite have the issue of Calibre not responding?

Who is Chaley? Why has no other posts mentioned this problem? I can't be the only one with a Mac and a Kindle Fire and Calibre.

I have a paperwhite on order, if this is going to be an issue I will cancel as I don't want to be locked down like that.
new is offline   Reply With Quote