View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 08:29 PM   #1
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Changing Email Addresses

I have a question.

I'm buying my niece a Kindle for Christmas. She doesn't have an Amazon account, and I want all this to be a surprise. So I registered a new Amazon account in HER name but with one of MY email addresses (because I don't want "You've received a Kindle book gift!" notices coming to her email while I'm setting things up.) So right now, everything is registered to Foo@gmail.com (pretend).

Once I get everything set up with the Kindle and I gift her books to Foo@gmail.com, I intend to change the Amazon account settings to her proper email address (Bar@gmail.com), wrap everything up, and stick it under the tree.

My question is, will changing the Amazon email account affect the books in her account?

I ask because I have a Nook, and I know from DREADED EXPERIENCE that changing anything -- email, credit card, etc. -- can hork up everything dreadfully. Has anyone done this and can anyone speak to whether or not the books purchased under Foo will be affected when I change the Amazon account settings to Bar?

Thank you.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote