View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 07:23 AM   #51
nick101
Groupie
nick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-600 Touch, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rique View Post
If you search the Apple Devices forums, you will find plenty of threads on this topic. The bottom line is that it actually is charging, albeit slower. The message that it is not charging is incorrect.

If you are patient, it will work through the PC. Alternatively, there are patches you can do to your mother board drivers to correct this, however it is risky unless you are using the right driver and know what you are doing. If you apply this incorrectly, you can spawn some very lovely BSODs.

-- Rique
The iPad charges if it's asleep, albeit slowly. You can power it off (hold Home and Sleep until the prompt appears) to get it to charge quicker.

I left my charger at the office on Thursday evening, so I've been doing this all weekend, and it works
nick101 is offline   Reply With Quote