View Single Post
Old 09-16-2004, 07:21 PM   #8
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by divajess
I hate DRM. Currently I'm upset about eReader.com, who will not let me download the books I bought under a Visa that has since been cancelled until I buy something with the new card I put on file with them. I no longer have the credit card #, and I don't really want to have to buy something else to read the books I've already purchased. I don't mind inputting the CC# in order to read the books, but I shouldn't have to purchase something else just to get to past orders. That is stupid.
It is issues like this that really turn people off DRM and sometimes ebooks in general (even though ereader is one of the less complained about DRM formats). While the publishing industry insists on restrictive DRM, people will vote with their wallets, I'm afraid.

Incidently, I can't blame people for buying .lit format books and then converting them to their favourite format (whether it's straight html for something like ubook, or isilo, or mobipocket). Most of us want to be able to read a book they buy today in 5 or 10 years time, as they would with a paper book (I am a regular book re-reader ). Current DRM doesn't provide that guarantee.

Craig.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote