View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 10:20 PM   #30
Kess
Enthusiast
Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pking36330 View Post
You should take a peek at yWriter 5, the price is right (free, donations accepted). The author of the software, Simon, is an author and I'm pretty sure he doesn't write IN yWriter, he just organizes his novel there, including character, location, and items tracking and development. It will probably feel to you like a database with all the tabs, fields, windows and such, but it saves your content in RTF files. It is a very light program (much smaller than OpenOffice and not as resource hungry when operating), so I would think it might be a great fit for netbook use, though I don't own one and haven't tested it on one.
I use yWriter on a netbook, and it runs fine. No problems at all.
Kess is offline   Reply With Quote