Thread: Vox in the UK
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 04:51 PM   #6
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiwheeler View Post
Hi,

I'm a new UK, Vox user. So far it works fine but will say that the user manual is terrible!
As usual, written by those in in know with little coverage of basic questions like how to load and view your own files.
Hi there Penny Farthing! (We call penny-farthings highwheelers on our side of the pond.)

I agree on the sparse documentation. It took me a long time to figure out how the USB connection works. It seems that if you have a microSD card in the slot, all you can see is what's on that card. Only when you remove the external card, the USB connection shows what's on the Vox itself (perhaps on the internal microSD card), or at least all that you're allowed to see. None of this is explained in the manual. I sure hope Kobo publishes a real manual once the Vox is truly out of beta.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote