View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 03:24 AM   #42
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnOwl View Post
I have problems with storing the last read page when just turning off the device in 80% of the time. I have problems placing bookmarks in about 50% of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emellaich View Post
However, although I am quite pleased in many ways with my Cybook the effort to read is quite a hassle. I turn it on and wait for a while for it to load. I cross my fingers that it will actually load. I may have to page through 20 pages to find my book if it doesn't remember my spot in the library. Then I open the book. If it forgot my place, I have to go through the search to get back to the book.

The software really must improve.
I understand your frustration, but you and I must be doing something different.

I do read long novels and collections of short stories. I use bookmarks often

I never ever have the problem that the library position is not remembered. And I only once lost the position in a book. But that was due to an empty battery. I ended up at the position 'before' the last one. And this week I tried to drain the battery on purpose to find out if I would lose the postion. It didn't happen. When I charged the empty battery I could go on reading on exact the same spot.

My Cybook was one of the first batch, so I have the 'old' software version 4xx It does not give me any problem. For me there are no bugs to fix.

The only improvements I can imagine are user selectable buttons and sorting on Author, Title and Genre or Collection. Oh, and a little clock would be nice

Last edited by Ortep; 05-06-2008 at 03:33 AM.
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote