View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 10:43 AM   #9
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alm Hlgh View Post
lolo seriously as many times that I have read that I always saw "feel".
And that is exactly why you can never proofread your own stuff.

I've lost count of how many times something looked perfect to me, only to have my first reader ask "why do you have the word 'the' twice in a row?" or something equally lame. Why? Because I knew I only wanted to type it once, so I never saw the cut-and-paste error. The human mind is disturbingly good at ignoring what is right in front of it and seeing exactly what it expects. It's sort of a literary form of confirmation bias.

Someone else -- preferably someone who's never read it before, so they don't make the same mistakes you did -- should always proofread everything you write before the public gets their first look. You're not going to see all of those errors, but everyone else is.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote