View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 06:52 PM   #37
LaurieGator
Crazy Cat Lady
LaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 2i, Nook Color (Rooted)
Books read in 2011: (Moved over from Social Groups)
Undead and Unwed by MaryJanice Davidson - Similar to the True Blood series, girl dies, turns into vampire, finds out she has vampire super powers, becomes vampire queen. It was a fun read and I will read more in the series for a good, lighthearted read.

Orchid Beach by Stuart Woods - Murder mystery. Female officer retires from Army after failed sexual harassment case, joins police force in Orchid Beach where she works to solve the mystery of who shot the Chief the day she arrives into town. Waiting for second book in series to be available from library.

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith - Classic book with a twist. Hard to read with the colloquial language structure but lots of fun when you include zombies. Never read the original but this version was a good read.

Portal by Imogen Rose - Girl wakes up thinking she is one person but the life she wakes up into is totally different. An intriguing book that kept me turning pages late into the night. She is an indie author and I would highly recommend this book to everyone.

Elvis and the Dearly Departed by Peggy Webb - Elvis has been reincarnated as a Hound Dog and is owned by a hairdresser who also does hair for the departed. A body goes missing and she and a cousin have many adventures trying to find the body and the stuff that happens afterwards. Another lighthearted murder mystery. I am looking forward to reading the next one in the series.

The Girl Who Played With Fire by Steig Larsson - 2nd book in "The Girl Who" series. Honestly, I liked the first one better. This one took awhile for me to get into the plot. Basic plot - Man is hired by Millennium magazine to publish a book on the sex trade that his girlfriend has been researching. Man and his girlfriend are killed along with Lisbeth Salandar's appointed guardian. Lots of twists and turns.

Speak No Evil by Allison Brennan - Psycho killer on the loose in San Diego. A man is kidnapping women and killing them. They are found with a gag glued to their mouth. Cop and sheriff/brother of a suspect look for the killer. Pretty formulaic murder mystery but was still a good read.

Books in Progress:

Pocket Peace by Allen Lokos
Total Control by David Badacci
Official Book Club by Kathy Griffin
Beer - Tap into the Art and Science of Brewing by Charles Bamforth

To be read
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Steig Larson
Huckleberry Finished by Livia Washburn
The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks
True Magick by Amber K
Queen of Babble by Meg Cabot
The Book of Wisdom by Osho