View Single Post
Old 11-26-2015, 12:53 AM   #28
Simpetus
Enthusiast
Simpetus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Ok, now it is really strange.

At the start I have made short test version of Chinese to Russian dictionary in Kobo format that consist of only two characters - 谁 and 当时. And named it "dicthtml-es-en.zip". I turned on my Kobo H2O opened a book in Chinese (Chai Jing - Kan Jian - Chai Jing.kepub.epub), I successfully found and checked those two characters in the text (谁 and 当时) - worked flawlessly and their translations displayed in pop-up dictionary window.

After that, I converted full version in .dict format (zho_rus.dict) into Kobo's in the exact same way as with short test version and gave it the same name, put in the .kobo dictionary folder and replaced short version with full one.

Then I turned on my eBook to find out that Kobo cannot see the full version of the dictionary and displays that I have not es-en dictionary installed. What the hell? I have tried to rename full version to "dicthtml-de-en.zip","dicthtml-fr-en.zip"...you name it and still nothing, with every new name of Kobo's system just keep say that "I do not have (Language) of the dictionary installed in my system.

I started to think that "I probably done something wrong during the process" and decided to download custom Chinese-English dictionary from this thread just to check whether it is true and I really messed up again.

After I downloaded the file I replaced default dictionary with this one and guess what?.. Kobo still keeps saying that "I do not have (name)dictionary installed in my system".

So, where did I made a mistake? And why short version works, but full one not?

I am desperate.

I am providing all files that need to make a test:

- original book in chinese in kepub (it is free, no worries);
- short and full version of the Chinese-Russian Kobo format dictionaries;
- original stardict Chinese-Russian dictionary (in case I have made mistake during converting stardict to kobo's format).

Please, help, I love nickel more than KoReader.

Thanks in advance

P.S. If you need me to upload the archive to another sharing service, just say it, I will do it right away.

https://mega.nz/#!fwczhDLZ!qZTkv5_8e...csYkmfakV6d1DE
Simpetus is offline   Reply With Quote