Thread: Cool-er frozen
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 09:21 AM   #13
manktelr
manktelr began at the beginning.

Device: cool-er
I've got the same problem, only the 3 squares appear at the bottom of the screen (Only had the reader 3 days before I decided to update firmware causing this problem, seriously annoyed to find out it couldn't be done by USB).

Have tried the Cool-er firmware mentioned in above thread, also have tried the shinebox firmware, all multiple times on 2 different SD cards the first a 1gig generic the 2nd a 4gig generic one (its over 4gigs that issues arise with isn't it?)

Here is the steps I have been taking.

Format SD card to FAT, setting allocation unit size to default (is this correct allocation)

Open firmware using Winrar, open first folder in Winrar and extract the multiple folders and files inside into the SD card root directory.

Eject the SD card

Insert the SD card into cool-er, plug cool-er into pc via usb (i've tried this step reversed)

At this point the light turns on at top of the cool-er

Holding enter key and 3rd key down on left handside (the back function key I think)
I then press the reset button on back

90% of the time nothing happens however on a few (less than five occasions) the cool-er seems to reset itself however it still gets stuck on the 3 black blocks (though at one stage it did reach 7 black blocks before freezing)

Does anybody see any problems with my procedure.

Is there any other firmwares that may work?

I know I need to try more SD cards but 2 is all I have access to at the minute

Is there a factory reset I've tried this one to no effect

Resetting the device
There's a reset to factory setting which can fix some issues. You have to press the menu button (left side, 4th button) and hold until the led blinks, press and hold the + key until the led blinks, and then press the - key
manktelr is offline   Reply With Quote