View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 08:57 PM   #7
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by pippin65 View Post
thanks to all for the replies! finally have a few days off to "play" with my kindle-- although I have been like a kindle ambassador at work. Some people are like gaga over it and some people are like $359--are you crazy??? funny how nervous I felt watching my co-workers play with it...I was thinking, praying actually-"don't drop it, don't drop it.."
May I suggest buying the extended warranty and possibly living longer from reduced stress in your life.

I came back to work from a trip to China one time to find my Ionic Breeze sitting in my chair with a note taped to it saying "Sorry!" Seems my co-workers borrowed it to suck up the dust from the blinds being cleaned at work while I was out and managed to choke it so full of dust it died (the blinds get cleaned once a year whether they need it or not, apparently they needed it that year). I'd bought the Sharper Image extended warranty and they swapped it same day at the store a few blocks from work. Gosh I miss 'em!

When my Kindle 1 croaked during the 1.2 firmware update Amazon advance shipped me a new unit over night (caution: I have Amazon Prime and have bought close to 200 titles). When I got the new unit I visited their site and printed out a pre-printed return label and dropped the old unit into a UPS drop box across the street.

Sharper Image RIP, long live Amazon.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote