View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 01:30 AM   #74
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by increduloussus View Post
Hi folks, I just received an N96 ML. ...
My question: the display doesn't auto-rotate. In fact, the home screen will only display in portrait (no landscape), and the apps I'm using don't auto-rotate either. Does this mean there is a hardware problem, or is there a setting I just can't find? Or does the N96 lack a simple function that works perfectly on my 6 year old Kindle DX?
I was also surprised to find this function missing on the M96. The lack of a gyroscope (hardware) is understandable for cost reduction reasons. However, the lack of a software function to turn the screen manually is not. Fortunately, this being open Android, this is easy to fix. I use the free app "Set Orientation" by The Eyes-Free Project, available on the Play Store. This allows you to change the orientation manually, conveniently from the top bar of the screen.
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote