View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013, 02:50 AM   #3
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
If the first line breaks, due to font resizing, or small devices, before "bracket" on the first line, is it, too, to be styled with a bracket, and flush left, or is there something different that "should" happen?
Yes, the first two lines in the example above are actually the same verse, and are only printed as two lines because of limited space. With a different text width you could have:

Code:
First verse is a long line that could be
            [broken due to limited space
      Second verse shorter, indented.
Code:
First verse is a long line that could be broken due to
                                        [limited space
      Second verse shorter, indented.
Unfortunately, I don't think this is possible with current ebook formats. Even with the full HTML5+CSS you probably need some javascript. (Maybe with ePub 3 and some reader that supports javascript...).

The old mobi format used to have the possibility of right-aligned broken lines (mobipocket.com, see bottom of the page), but without the bracket, and I didn't see it working in the PC reader or in my Cybook Gen3.

For ePub, I made a suggestion 4 years ago, but it doesn't seem anything has happened to it since then...
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote