Thread: Aura HD For U.S. Buyers...
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #27
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo, Nook Classic,Color,ST/Glow, iRex DR1000, Sony 505, REB1100&1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Dillard's is a reputable department chain that originated in Arkansas (and may still be headquartered there). I know this for a fact, since I lived in Little Rock for 31 years.

ADDED: I have no idea what, if any, relationship there is between Dillard's and Kobo.
I did not mean to imply Dillard's, I had never heard of them before but found out pretty much what you wrote when I checked online (and with my CC company) That's in part why it did not immediately alarm me.

It was clearly some individual who got ahold of the CC info, then used it at Dillard's online store, could have been Amazon etc. Since I never hand out the card, and only use it at few & reputable stores (never Dillard's) it most likely is some kind of breach at one of those, and somebody probably got a whole bunch of CC info.

Unfortunately, in a lot of states companies are not required to disclose this and obviously prefer to sweep it under the rug and let the customers and their CC companies deal with it. Due to the timing with my Kobo purchase (and submitting my CC info to them for the first time), I cautioned everybody (one should keep a close eye on all charges at all times anyway these days)
allovertheglobe is offline   Reply With Quote