View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 04:16 PM   #28
PamelaMary
Guru
PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Elva's Review on Amazon

The previous post is Elva's remarks from my Facebook page. Here's her review. There are spoilers, but I love it!

I really enjoyed Pam Richter's "The Living Image" and pretty much devoured it! It was fun, fast-paced,smart, and it was funny.

A kindly, brilliant scientist develops a supercomputer that to implant into into a human baby, then cloned from a fashion model. His greedy, goon lawyer sons find out and look for buyers. (They find more than they can handle!) The US Gov't also finds out...and everyone wants this potential bionic weapon, er...human.

What ensues involves the CIA, the KGB, a Japanese ego-maniacal mogul, the Yakusa - all looking for this stunning, superhuman and her look-alike. They are identical, but one gulps pancake syrup, likes Creme de Menthe w/soda, & enjoys crunching roast bones. One of them bites when angry. The other is a smart, part-time model, a full-time fashion designer, and boutique owner.

Did I mention the KGB agent is smokin'? So is the investigative reporter. So, there is romance: both sweet and sexy.

The danger is taut and fast-paced. There's even a Republican Convention!

The identical women develop a deep, sisterly twin love and loyalty. This was a beautifully written aspect in the story.

Easy to read escape. Pure enjoyment! Curl up w/a cuppa something and a box of cookies.
It's only 99cents. A steal.
PamelaMary is offline   Reply With Quote