View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 07:06 AM   #2
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
"Poorly written. Good story. Needs editor. Rambles. I would avoid the work--but give the author another chance should he try again.

Doesn't seem to approach the level of "incredibly harsh" to me. ("Good story", "give the author another chance".)

I think that your problem is more people read the succinct 1-star review and skipped over a possibly even more brutally honest 4 star one:

This is a decent enough effort... Not great literature... My main beef is with editing. Even a quick pass by a competent professional editor would clean up a mildly depressing tendency toward structural wordiness... and inconsistent grammar... unpolished and not particularly writerly. It annoys me enough to detract from the flow of the narrative, but it isn't bad enough to make me scream.... I want to encourage the author to go the extra step for your readers and put a good copyeditor to work before you bring out the rest of the series....
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote