View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 05:40 PM   #2
Robert22
Zealot
Robert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: PRS-505 600 300 350 T1 T2 Kindle PW1 PW2 KV Clara 2E Libra 2 Leaf 2
Hi soondai

Quote:
Originally Posted by soondai View Post

1) Have any 300 owners had the battery completely die on them yet? How long did it take to happen and is there any possibility of replacing the battery yourself? google yields nothing promising here.
I've had mine since the day it came out, use it every day and it's still going strong.

Quote:
2) I've seen that PSP chargers work. I want to make sure: my cell phone charger w/ mini USB will not work?
I have a USB charger that can take 2 USB cables that I got at Walmart for less than $20 bucks, so you can charge two devices at the same time. I got a PSP cable at Fry's, it has both a USB mini end and a power connection end on the same side and a regular USB connection at the other end. Plugging the USB mini connection into the reader makes the reader go into transfer mode, just like plugging it into a computer, although I think it should charge it though, but I haven't tried that. Using the power connector of this PSP cable charges the reader and also allows you to use it at the same time.

Quote:
3) How is the official Sony case with light? They're available for 17 bucks on Amazon, but some reviews indicate it does not offer much protection. Any recommendations here? Improvising w cases for other things? I'd love to find just a cheap case for travel storage and fending off toddler foraging.
I don't have a case for mine so I can't say. As for a light there was another user in these forums that mentioned a clip on light that they got at Target that sounded really good.

Quote:
4) Roughly how many books can it hold before the initial scanning slowdown becomes a pain? I've got about 10 loaded up and it seems fine. I can't imagine I'd ever want more than 20 on there at a time.
I've got over 200 on mine with no noticeable lag.
Robert22 is offline   Reply With Quote