View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 02:02 AM   #893
Meemo
Groupie
Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (1st & 2nd gen) & a Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
This app is totally sucking up my time. I have spent more time in Calibre figuring out how I want my books to look. I have been adding the meta data, fixing covers, adding series information. None of this would have happened without this silly app.
I'm with you now, although I can only indirectly "blame" Marvin - when I moved my Calibre library to Dropbox, I lost my book covers (they show up in Marvin, but not in Calibre, which is bizarre). I figured out what happened when I saw that I couldn't import books into Calibre any more and researched that - turned out somehow I'd lost my metadata folder. So I found it and restored it, but the book covers still don't show up in Calibre. So I've started adding them back. Will I finish this task? Who knows - with almost 2000 books it's a chore, and the important thing is I can still see them in Marvin. But at the same time, I'm fixing some other metadata as well, cleaning up some things and "standardizing" stuff, so I've got something to keep me busy while I'm watching TV.

I do love Calibre, sometimes I wish I understood it better though!