View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 03:10 PM   #14
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Granted, not as convenient as an SD expansion slot, but the option is there should you need it. I see this more of a thing you might consider if you go on a trip and want to carry a bunch of movies with you rather than a daily thing.
Neither Nexus 7 nor iPad Mini have memory expansion options given the common sense definition that most people use when describing memory expansion.

If the option for expandable memory is a requirement (the OP has not stated that it is) then it would be helpful to point out the fact that there ARE 7" tablets that provide for microSD card slots such as the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.

Having said that, if it comes strictly down to a choice between the Nexus 7 and iPad Mini, I would recommend the Nexus 7. (BTW, I'm not a fan of the N7) The openness of Android is a tremendous advantage (over iOS) for a device that is both mobile and personal. The ability to customize and configure a 7" tablet with widgets, icon placement, etc. can really enhance the usability of the device.

And without the ability to expand memory (* - traditional definition) try to get a model with as much memory as you can afford.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote