View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 11:12 AM   #82
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by darseno View Post
I've installed the rescue package mainly because I need Sony's software for reading PDFs. I will reinstall the root when/if the page turn buttons are made to work in the browser, because this issue is a big headache for reading online.

Thanks for your efforts!
Well, if the button change was the main problem, it could have been resolved by just removing the last two lines from the /system/usr/keylayout/gpio-keys.kl:
Code:
key 105   DPAD_UP
key 106   DPAD_DOWN
The reason I added those was for the CoolReader to be able to accept input from the page turn buttons. If you are OK with swipe-paging in CoolReader, or you don't use CoolReader at all, you can reverse this fix quite easily.

If you are familiar with Linux and vi, you can boot into the recovery mode, log into the serial terminal, mount /dev/mmcblk2p10 on /tmp/system, go to /tmp/system/usr/keylayout directory, and edit this file.

Even easier, and not requiring any Linux knowledge whatsoever: you can remove sdcard\updates\system\usr folder from my install package after unpacking it, before running the flash_reader.bat script. This will install the root package without modifying any button functions.
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote