View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 01:23 PM   #4
terminalveracity
terminalveracity got an A in P-Chem.terminalveracity got an A in P-Chem.terminalveracity got an A in P-Chem.terminalveracity got an A in P-Chem.terminalveracity got an A in P-Chem.terminalveracity got an A in P-Chem.terminalveracity got an A in P-Chem.terminalveracity got an A in P-Chem.terminalveracity got an A in P-Chem.terminalveracity got an A in P-Chem.terminalveracity got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven630 View Post
This recipe seems to catch past articles as well. I just tried and one article was from 2005.
It seems to be working properly for me and should only fetch articles from the last 31 days. Are you using the code I provided here? (The latest version of Calibre has it built in too as "National Geographic Mag".)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven630 View Post
Wouldn't it be better to use to official TOC for each month?
http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/20...le-of-contents
While I suppose it's theoretically possible to scrape that page for each article, it's a lot easier to use RSS. The RSS feed contains the bulk of the text from the print version. I've intentionally removed the image galleries (Your Shot, Flashback...) as they're too complex and aren't going to look good on a little e-ink device anyhow.

terminalveracity is offline   Reply With Quote