View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 03:43 PM   #46
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by ectoplasm View Post
Not a valid argument. I've had ZERO problems with Piratebay, doesn't mean the site is legit.

Yes, I've pointed people there, will the proviso "if you trust androiddev". It still does not make the site legit. The fact remains, this site is a mystery as to who owns it, and what their security measures are, if any. Yes, I definitely trust Google much more than androiddev, which is basically anonymous. Google has security measures in place, there is feedback on each app, and they have precedent for taking down malicious apps.

If someone hacks androiddev and injects malware into each APK, how would we know?

If you have some actual knowledge about the workings of androiddev, beyond your assumptions and anecdotal evidence, I'd love to hear it.
Read their FAQ

From their site
How do I add my app to your site?

First, you need to publish your app in the Android Market. Then our server will sync your app from there.

So you see there is no need to worry. They get their apk files directly from Android Market. Not user upload.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote