View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 02:18 AM   #15
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool possible translation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H. View Post
The thing that I have wondered about since this was posted is the meaning of this sentence: "To coin the Fanboys, they went ballistic."

I know there's probably some sort of typo involved, but I can't figure out what it is or what the sentence was supposed to say. Or maybe my slang is out of date.

But there's also something very harmonious about the sounds.
i believe that what she was saying was that the generation that are 'fanboys' (meaning 12 to early 20's) would describe the behavior of her editor as 'going ballistic' (an analogy to a missile being fired).
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote