View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 12:44 AM   #24
cutterjohn42
Addict
cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, EBM-911, REB-1100(dead), PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingenzyme View Post
I highly recommend you read my review at the link. I found a solution for your heating issue. You need to download and apply advanced task killer from my website. Even though it appears that nothing is running, you actually have a dozen different things running, which drains the battery and heats up your device. ATK will kill all those tasks. Your battery life will be a lot better and the device will be much cooler. Trust me on this.
Ah, no, I need some ventilation holes in my casing... as I've already trimmed running processes to near nil...

As a matter of fact this evening reading again with temps in the low 70sF here, the side oppo of the the hw buttons in "portrait" orientation became somehwta "malleable" while the GT was only being used as a reader(iReader)...

These guys need to start thinking about thermal management more than "styling"... hate to think what it would do if the SoC was running flat out # rated 800Mhz... probably a puddle of organics & metals... w/fireworks for fun(exploding battery undoubtedly)...

anyways, just to clue you in:
rooted, market hack, clockwork, update.zip, setcpu plus a bunch of other modifications using inbuilt system settings ATM...

Last edited by cutterjohn42; 08-19-2010 at 12:47 AM.
cutterjohn42 is offline   Reply With Quote