View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 06:21 AM   #13
meem
A Reader who can think..!
meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi - Kindle DX (B004)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolando View Post
I've been reading books on the iPad, and they look great. But I'm finding that the iPad is too heavy for reading books and I'm also finding that my eyes are feeling soar from the back lit screen. I'm hooked on eReaders, so with the Kindle prices dropping, I'm thinking I want to get one.

Is the weight difference significant between the DX, or Graphite, and the Latest Gen version? I'm looking for something light, as well as no back lit screen. I notice that Amazon's photos always show the DX as being held with two hands, verses the Latest Gen, which is held with one hand.
Kindle DX Graphite has more screen slightly whiter, and 50% higher contrast or 10:1 contrast ratio. That means the Kindle DX Graphite has sharper text and images. Overall, it has better readability. But it takes a half hour more for charge time.
Also, text botton for Next and Prev are cconverted to > and < .
I think there no other difference between white and black.

I hope they release a new white edition or gray, for my view they are better than black.

Last edited by meem; 08-12-2010 at 06:29 AM.
meem is offline   Reply With Quote