View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 12:50 PM   #9
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonetools View Post
This is rather unrealistic. Its like sayting that the market in Office Software is competitive because there are all these competitors to Microsoft Office. "Why there's Star Office, Abiword, Open Office, Iworks, Free Office-to say nothing of the Linux distros and don't forget Word Perfect." In reality, of course, MS Office has 90% of the market and is a monopoly in all but name.
Hmmm...and WHY does MS Office have 90% of the market? Is it because they give away the product? No...not that I know of. Actually, quite a few of those competitors ARE Free, yet they still aren't competing. Is it because they have gone out and viciously attacked Star Office and the other competitors? No...I believe the reasons are:

1. Functionality--MS Office does more than the competitors. (Even if other products do some things better, none of them do EVERYTHING that MS Office does)
2. Marketing--Microsoft actually <gasp> advertises it's product.
3. (And this is actually part of marketing) Microsoft makes agreements with PC manufacturers to put trial versions of MS Office onto the computers.
4. An actual sales staff/partner program that works to put the software into the business environment.

I don't understand your point, unless your point is that Amazon has the largest market share because they are the best at what they do. If that's what you're trying to say, then I agree. If that's not what you're trying to say, then please explain it better.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote