Thread: Hip Street M701
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 01:37 PM   #1
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Question Hip Street M701

Hi,

Does anybody have experience with this device? I have googled and watched a few you tube videos about some of the book reading capabilities, but I would like to feel out some personal experience here.

I am kind of shopping around for something for my special needs daughter who turns 22 in a couple of months and lives at home. She wants an e-reader. The features I see on it look like it would be right up her alley. She has a pretty large collection of DRM-free classics and e-books from smashwords so she is mostly looking to sideload items she already has, and can get from me as well.

WiFi being absent from the device is not important, but are there any setup issues I need to be aware of? Or does it work just straight out of the box if I were to put all of her favorite books on it.

(I want to play with whatever I buy for her in advance so I can be familiar with it, as her father and I are her "tech support" to help her out when she has issues with operating it.)

I see from the specs on the storefront that it also plays videos and accepts other android apps. And if anyone can offer some experience I would appreciate it. I haven't yet bought it, so I thought I would feel out the trusty community here.

Thanks

Last edited by spindlegirl; 03-06-2012 at 01:48 PM.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote