View Single Post
Old 05-16-2005, 06:38 PM   #7
Unregistered
Nameless Being

paranoid

I trust my PDA though have a fear of new technology as found in airports (x-ray machines, mystery security radiation machines) and elsewhere, in addition to places of environmental electromagnetism (under power lines, high-voltage transformers, even in an electric car potentially if the electric engine is creating a huge electromagnetic field). And I wonder how much equipment breaks unknowingly because of these hidden disaster zones, if any.

One thing I think PDAs have done well is made backing-up data into a routine procedure which creates redundancy (mirroring the PDA on computer, vice versa) and so at that level it is superior to a computer in terms of ease of use and ease of backing up.

The area I do not trust PDAs is with wi-fi in public areas using e-mail clients and sending passwords in cleartext, as with FTP, etc. And storing passwords in an encrypted file is helpful with a PDA, trustworthy to a point, unless someone successfully hacks the machine, then it is much worse than a lost or stolen wallet. I hope there more secure PDAs are a high priority if companies want to encourage people to carry around all their data.