View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 01:07 PM   #7
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikeric
I've look at and even tried reading comics on the following devices:

-Sony PSP
-portable DVD players (tablet style) 7" and up to 10.1"
-Sony Reader
-Coby 7" PMP w/ 40GB HDD (screen is bad and the experience was a nightmare)
-Archos 604 and AV700 PMP's
Say... DVD players... I hadn't thought of that! DVDs hold a lot of data (in many cases, i.e. black and white art, a CD would do). Art pages can be saved high-res, and with some kind of scrolling control, you could zoom in on a single panel for better examination! And CDs/DVDs could be sold in stores, by mail, and as online files that you burn to disk yourself... all of which would be great ways to disseminate comics and graphic novels. Brilliant!

Somebody get Marvel and DC on the phone! Or better yet: Design the first such CD/DVD, and get the patent office on the phone! If I was still doing illustration (my first "career" before I started writing), I'd give it a shot!

Oh...

...this was an e-book reader forum, wasn't it?...

Last edited by Steven Lyle Jordan; 12-05-2006 at 01:13 PM.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote