Thread: Military Sci-fi
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 05:38 AM   #40
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Hmm - I really liked the Starship Troopers movie. Admittedly I never read the book so I have no basis for comparison. But I loved the in your face violence and the overplayed patriotism of the movie.

One day I'll actually read the book so I can see what Heinlein was really intending with the story.
I read the book in three days last year. I found it very easy to read, like most Heinlein, and I also disagreed with almost all of it, like most Heinlein.

I don't honestly know if I'd rate the book or the movie higher. They're both quite different, and flawed in different ways, but I guess the book is important in a way that the movie isn't. A lot of other books are reacting to it.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote