Thread: Cloud Storage
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 09:35 AM   #10
Soldim
Not so important
Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 4, iPad, Kobo Glo 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
I did not get the impression that Amazon was targeting businesses. I bought a 1 TB USb HDD the size of a pack of smokes. Not very difficult to take with me or even lock away (granted I don't have a fire proof safe or anything like that, then my data doesn't really have a commercial value).

My surprise comes from the difference in pricing. If Amazon wanted $100 for 1 TB I can see how some people might opt for an offfering like that, but $1,000?
For our cloud storage we pay close to $2 per GB. I don't know the details, but I think there's back ups at at least 2 different places, a guaranteed percentage of up-time and guaranteed minimum pipe-width in the Gb/s range.

Regardless, for someone relocating shortly, the easiest/cheapest solution is to take his 200 TB of data with him on HDs, leaving a backup behind.
Soldim is offline   Reply With Quote