Thread: on scanning
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 04:04 AM   #8
ereszet
Zealot
ereszet has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ereszet has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ereszet has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ereszet has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 Archos 704 wifi
Focus in photoscanning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almagne View Post
I had tried to photograph a section of a 100 year old library book - in the basement of the library. It was a non-circulating book. Unfortunately, the many of the photos were too blurry to be of use on the iLiad.
I understand that the "blurred" images were the photos out of focus. That is a "feature" of digital cameras when you shoot in macro mode in a dim environment. If you increase the ISO setting the automatic focus can get right but the images become grainy. The solution is to set the focus manually or buy a high end reflex camera with large sensors that allow you to increase the ISO without spoiling the photo. Alternatively, you can use your camera's soft flash.

However, with some compact cameras you can achieve acceptable results even in semi-dark environment. My Casio Ex-Z850 has a nine point "focusing" mode. When one or more of the focusing rectangles become green, it means that the camera caught the focus on that part of the text (there must be some contrast between the text and the background, you cannot focus on a white page). I succesfully photocopied a color programme leaflet while seating comfortable in in my armchair during a theatre performance (no flash of course).
ereszet is offline   Reply With Quote