View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 01:43 PM   #12
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito View Post
I'm sure everything has an answer, but since I have a limited life span I must prioritize my time. For the task at hand (simply downloading azw3 and pdf files on my old k3) I can't invest a large amount of time learning how to use objcopy. I was hoping for a smart gui editor that would read the file, understand its format and let me make modifications without harm -- or hand holding on how to do it in under ~20 minutes (maybe the internet has this specialized knowledge somewhere, but google hasn't been very helpful to me).
Well, that is a different set of circumstances than your original post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito
I would like to add allowable file extensions and mime types to the browserd file on my Kindle Keyboard v3.4 so I can download .azw3 and .pdf (and other) filetypes directly from Calibre web server.
Ah, and you are concerned about a limited life span?

So instead, you want me (very near the big 70 myself) to work out the solution and hand it to you?
What about my limited life span?

I don't want this change, you want it, you invest your life span in learning how to do it.

Or just use the download hack linked to in the above post - the one you refused to use earlier.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote