View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 02:29 PM   #40
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
From the pen of Robert Leslie Bellem, one of the most entertainingly bad writers ever:
I'm going to stand up for RLB here as I enjoy his work (after finding it through your awesome compilations!)

You can make fun of his over the top language, but his plots hang together, the characters have understandable motivations, the pacing keeps you interested and he wraps everything up before you get fed up with him. All good things in a writer.

For me, my love-it-even-though-it's-crap book is the Dresden Files series. The first ones were absolutely horrific and almost robotically written -- I only perservered reading the series because of pressure from some friends. Then there was a period where the authour, Jim Butcher, learned his craft and was cranking out decently entertaining novels. Now lately, he has trouble dealing with the problems of long-running series.

But I still want to find out what happens
radius is offline   Reply With Quote