View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 08:47 AM   #29
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
For someone to call you from a landline you need to get a Skype number. You can get it monthly or pay by the year. Only problem is that they offer them for a limited number of countries and New Zealand might not be one of them. You should check out the Skype site, they offer a lot of new "options" nowadays but not every one is for all countries.
For SMS, you send them from the app, there's a small charge per SMS and the person you sent it to can reply to your messages without dialing a number. They can't initiate the SMS from a phone to Skype.
I'm really not sure if all of this would be "cheaper" than a phone plan within your home country, I use it for contacting family that are over on your side of the Pacific. For that, it's much cheaper than a phone plan here seeing as it's occasional. Like I said above, you should check out their site...
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote