View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 09:16 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by keriah View Post
Interesting... When I convert the Index of our print book I will, of course, have physical page numbers (like your "p16" example) in the source. But there aren't physical (stable) page numbers to point to in an iBook.

Sure, I can create the link, but what text should appear in the Index, rather than something like the "16"? IOW, what is are the recommended conventions for laying out the Index section of an ePub? And are there editors/tools that help with this?
Sigil will build the nested TOC from Headings tags. It also provides a tool(TOC editor) that allows you to ignore certain header tags in the TOC context.

<h3>Chapter 42</h3>
No visible referent in the text? <h3 title="The big format fight scene"> </h3>

Sigil will make the linkage for you.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote