View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 01:27 AM   #21343
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Good (early) morning, all! 8:30 and I've already finished eating. Just sitting here with a second cup of East India Company's "Royal Breakfast" tea and waiting for the rush hour mass transit to slow down a bit before I hit the road into Kyoto. I'm planning on making a Double Loop today, twice the distance, twice the number of steep hills, and God willing twice the calorie burn. Less than three weeks until my paragliding class starts and I want to be more than ready. By walking along the mountain side in Kyoto, I've a constant supply of visual distractions to keep me from realizing that my body is falling apart from overwork. I almost wish I was in the Brecon Beacons doing 'Selection.' I wonder how old the oldest guy was who passed that?

A good alternative to those reusable tea filters (than need to be washed carefully each time) is the teapot sized non-woven paper filters, but filled with cup-size portions of tea. Plenty of room for the tea to swirl around, but just toss when finished. Perfect for lazy guys like me!

Stitchawl
Well done on the walking, Stitchawl. And good luck with that goal.

On the filters, I think these are the ones you're talking about: T-Sac. Actually, they look quite interesting. I'll probably order some the next time I order, just to have around.

Of course, you don't need to throw them out immediately. You can usually get at least one more steeping out of your tea without loss of flavour, at least for the better teas. (But you are very right about those reusable filters. They're fussy about being cleaned out carefully.)

Off to bed with nothing but water in my cup. TTFN.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote