View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 01:37 PM   #1
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
Geographical Restrictions Question

I'm a bit confused about geographical restrictions. I understand some books can only be purchased in one country or another. What I don't understand is why a book can be purchased from one vendor but not from a second vendor.

Specific example: The Malady in Maderia by Ann Bridge

I can purchase this ebook from Amazon but not from Kobo.

I thought I finally found some books I wanted to buy from Kobo that were not agency books but then learned: "Sorry, but due to publisher restrictions this book is not available in your location". Is this because Kobo is based in Canada? If so, is there any way for those in the US to purchase?

This is the first time I've been affected by geographical restrictions and I would like to have a clearer understanding of the subject.
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote