View Single Post
Old 01-25-2008, 02:45 AM   #7
mr.giroro
mr.giroro began at the beginning.

Device: iRex Iliad
NatCh,

I wasn't really offended by jackbrown's comment. I knew he was just checking the basics. I was just replying to his inquiry, and wanted to make sure to let him/her (and other community members) know that I did pay my dues before I posted this question. After all, he was trying to help me, and I should be thankful rather than being offended. I would like to use this opportunity to tell jackbrown that I didn't mean any disrespect to his/her suggestion.

However, it is also true that jackbrown's comment could be construed as being offensive because he/she questioned if I intentionally bought a "fake" product. Buying a fake product knowingly is a serious crime. Thus, questioning someone for buying a "fake" product is sort of accusing him/her of committing a crime (or at least, an unethical behavior). For example, I will be deeply offended if someone says "you have XXX problem because you probably used a fake copy of Microsoft Windows." Of course, I know jackdown did not mean this, and I appreciate his willingness to help. Nonetheless, I think one should be careful about the implication of one's comment.

Thank you for your comment.
mr.giroro is offline   Reply With Quote