View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 12:38 AM   #72
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
Defaults are probably the single biggest advantage but there are probably dozens of them, the fact I can set my own default applications for any file or choose my own browser to open.

Lots of other things as well, being able to watch videos without converting them, actually being able to use the file system to organise my own files and folders.

Customisation I like to make my own home screen unique yet functional not just a grid of icons like on IOS, being able to use a different launcher if I want, apps like instadock which organise all my apps like a windows start menu into easily browsable categories. Hundreds of different clocks , calenders, news widgets live wallpapers, weather reports etc

Then we have apps like tasker and automateit mentioned above which let you easily tell your phone how to behave in certain locations or times off day, speak pre programmed messages when certain conditions are met, launch apps, change settings etc the possibilities are endless.

I could probably keep this going for a long time if I went into the advantages of real multitasking, Micro Sd cards, attaching gamepads and other USB/Bluetooth accessories, basicly though IOS is slipping further behind all the time.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote