Thread: Buy kobo glow?
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 06:42 PM   #25
david8866
Zealot
david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
I have zero complaints with the 350 but I like the Mini better so far. (it was an impulse buy).

It is slightly smaller and lighter. Black flash only every 6th page although the flash never bothered me. Changing fonts and line height ability on the fly is a great feature. Screen does actually seem fingerprint resistant.

Page turns seem faster but I have experienced the occasional 2-3 second freeze followed by a double page turn which never happened on the 350. So it is not perfect.

My roommate, who has a T1 and a 350, looked at it briefly and said it seems easier to read. Not quite sure why, but it does.

I would not regret the 350 though. Reliable, sturdy and with a very good screen, plus I still love the alphabetical index for collections etc.

Helen
I had a friend's Kobo mini for about 2 hours. I didn't have Sony 350 with me, so I can only 'compare' by memory. The colors of the screen are different, mini was more yellow-ish, 350's is milky-grey; fonts on mini 'seem' more black and matted (different color screen gave illusion?) I wouldn't pick one over the other, after 5 min of reading, I forgot their differences.
david8866 is offline   Reply With Quote