View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 09:17 PM   #46
mvo
Connoisseur
mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: see signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Elizabeth George is not one my favorites.

I love Martha Grimes Richard Jury and Melrose Plant books, though. I was rather taken aback when I found out that she was American.

They are quite whimsical in a way, but with good mysteries, a wide cast of interesting and consistent characters, and a few quite dark moments. Reminiscent of Sayers and Allingham, but set in the 60's on IIRC.

Helen
Off I went to Amazon.com, and was all excited to see 22 in the series on Kindle - only to come up against those geographical restrictions! But I am allowed to purchase the German versions - go figure...
mvo is offline   Reply With Quote