View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 10:15 PM   #21
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Nope. Absolutely impossible. I just checked it again with the file that I linked to - the system_diags file inside the partition image doesn't even contain the string ("rm -rf /usr/local/*") that you have patched:

Code:
$ strings /mnt/opt/factory/system_diags |grep local
localtime
/usr/local/bin/dropbearmulti
mkdir -p /usr/local/sbin
/usr/local/sbin/dropbearkey
/usr/local/sbin/dropbear
rm -f /var/local/system/low_batt
That may be so. And obviously IS given that evidence.

but on my device that is what happens. Over and over. Don't make me break it again to prove it ;( I didn't just create that rogue bin on my own. and I did install your files at least twice. I noted the fancy progress text

(err, and those diags sshd upstart entries were yours, No?)

So impossible, No, odd, yes.

something somewhere must be doing something unexpected. That's as specific as I am going to get. but it's real. B011 device.

Last edited by twobob; 10-15-2012 at 10:19 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote