View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 08:42 AM   #21376
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Keemun in my cup.

If he returns to waking up once at night we will do that. This week he decided to return to waking up twice at night. I tend to be the one who gets up with him because I can breast feed him but then I end up exhausted. Splitting the night seemed to be the best solution so that we could each get a four-five hour stretch of sleep and Lucas gets at least one session on the breast. I am not pumping, I don't make enough to even leak at the office, so we do want to maximize how much breast milk he gets.

I have been getting to bed by 9:30 so I am getting about 2 hours, when you consider the time it takes to fall asleep with my Hubby coming and asking about where things are for the baby since he now needs to chip in more, before Lucas wakes up. If I took the whole night, which I had been doing, I would get another two hours before he woke up for another feeding and then would have to get ready for work. Splitting the night lets me sleep from 1ish to 5. The Hubby can go back to bed after Lucas wakes up for a few hours since he doee not leave to drop Lucas off until close to 9 am.

The hope is that Lucas returns to sleeping through the night, which he had been doing for four days before this week. I think he is going through a growth spurt or something because he also went from five bottles a day to seven. The day care has been surprised by his deciding at two hours that he really is hungry again even after finishing a 6 ounce bottle and being happy with that amount.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote